Monday, September 2, 2019

Film Score Review - Sandro Di Stefano - Dolph Lundgren’s The Tracker

The 2019 Lionsgate film “The Tracker” starring Dolph Lundgren tells the story of Loke Hakansson, a family man who reluctantly travels to a remote Italian village with his wife and daughter. 15 Years after his family is kidnapped, Loke is contacted by a detected who claims to have new information about their disappearance.
I will be reviewing the films OTC which was composed by the brilliant Sandro Di Stefano and The Dnepropetrovsk Philharmonic Orchestra. Like his previous works this soundtrack is stunning. The talent by not only Sandro but the Orchestra themselves is impeccable.
One of the first things I noticed about the songs here is that the music is so different. There are so many unique style choices incorporated into each track. Instead of being overpowering it’s quite beautiful and very relaxing. When I listen to the music for a film I look for songs that are intriguing, captivating, but also capture the film through melody. I think these songs do this perfectly. They tell a story that can be enjoyed both on and off screen.
My favorite tracks from “The Tracker” Soundtrack are It’s Wasted Time, Welcome To Taranto, Albanians Attak, and The Playful Revenge. All of these are perfect examples of how to properly incorporate different sounds and melodies into music in order to capture the essence of the subject matter. Sandro has such a unique vision with each album he creates. I find it rather difficult to listen to soundtracks sometimes because the vision only works within the film. If I see Sandro’s name I know I’m going to be listening to something beautiful. I’m always in awe of his work. Please be sure to check out the film “The Tracker”, The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, and the Dnepropetrovsk Philharmonic Orchestra. This OTC has 14 songs with a running time just shy of 35 minutes. It is now available through iTunes. I highly suggest you pick up a copy for yourself and or your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Relic Film Review

Relic is a daring horror drama about the dangers of Dementia. It encompasses the heart of both horror and compassion in one of the best IF...