Friday, August 16, 2019

Album Review - Scarlet Dorn - Lack Of Light


Lack Of Light is available from Amazon. To order your copy go here



Scarlet Dorn is a Dark Pop / Rock band from Hamburg Germany. The bands current lineup is Scarlet Dorn (Vocals), Gared Dirge (Keyboards), Bengt Jaeschke (Guitar), Henrik Petschull (Drums) and Benjamin Mundigler (Bass). 

The bands debut album entitled Lack Of Light was released on August 31, 2018. The album was produced by Singer / Songwriter Chris Harms and Benjamin Lawrenz. Chris Harms is the creater of the band Lord of the Lost. If you would like to know more about him and his band Lord Of The Lost check out my album review of their latest release Thornstar. Harm's influence can be seen throughout Scarlet Dorn's album debut as he and Anthony J. Brown wrote the albums opening track entitled Heavy Beauty which was released on March 21 2017. Harms and Dorn also collaborated on the song I Love The Way You Say My Name. The band is currently signed with Oblivion (SVP) Records.

You can find the bands official music videos on their record labels YouTube Channel. There are music videos for the songs I Love The Way You Say My NameHeavy BeautyHold On To Me, and I Don’t Know, I Don’t Care

Lack Of Light is a solid album that showcases the bands many talents. Scarlet is a classically trained singer with such great range which works harmoniously with the instruments. She is a brilliant songwriter who puts so much time, dedication, and heart into her work. Scarlet Dorn offers something special that you don’t see every day. When listening to the album I had to remind myself that this is their debut. It sounds and feels like this is a band that has been together for years. The songs are beautifully written and the entire album flows cohesively. My favorite songs from the album are Heavy BeautyI Don’t Know, I Don’t Care, and Snow Black.

Each member of the band is incredibly talented and some of the members even play in other bands. Gared Dirge plays Keyboards, Guitar, and Percussion for Lord Of The Lost. He also plays for David Hasselhoff. Bengt Jaeschke is the Singer/Songwriter for the dark rock band Down To Eden, and Henrik Petschull is the drummer for the rock band The Right Season. 

I would suggest Scarlet Dorn if you enjoy strong female vocals. Fans of Scarlet Dorn  also enjoy Lord Of The Lost, Mono Inc., and Hell Boulevard. 


Lack Of Light is available through Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, and their official website. 




     
          Music video for the tenth track, I Love The Way You Say My Name (Featuring Chris Harms)






Track Listing:

  1. Heavy Beauty 
  2. Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned 
  3. I’m Armageddon 
  4. Hold On To Me
  5. Rain
  6. Kill Bitterness With Love
  7. Snow Black
  8. I Don’t Know, I Don’t Care
  9. Cinderella
  10. I Love The Way You Say My Name (Featuring Chris Harms) 
  11. Frozen Fire 
  12. In Another Life 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Relic Film Review

Relic is a daring horror drama about the dangers of Dementia. It encompasses the heart of both horror and compassion in one of the best IF...